Quite often dedication is taken as mere extra Amount of work, and longer time spent which is not the accurate understanding.
It is Commitment or Assurance to extreme extent to Task or Job at workplace with All that you have. Whether through your skills, discipline at work, flexibility, Hard work and taking head-on to challenges.
In whatever we do, reality is that Obstacles do come, and setbacks happen. However if you have Dedication towards your Job, you will not lose hope. Neither, you will disappoint easily. You will pick yourself up and keep at it with your dedication.
Consistent Dedication is one of the Major contributors towards having Successful life along with others. It is second most factor after Passion which I wrote in my blog Why your passion matters the most
This is an important trait to characterize in the workplace in particular.
How to achieve dedication at workplace
Dedication is not just quantity of work without any goals or objectives or planning.
How I achieve dedication is to constantly Learn based on below ideas and discipline, every time I am given a difficult task. However, it does vary from case to case, but it covers most of the ideas.
- Firstly, you will require is to analyze yourself on what is your best and weakest skill.
- Secondly, you must Define your goals to achieve.
- Third, you try to improve those skills which are needed to achieve your Goals.
- In addition, you must add Discipline in your work attitude.
- Further, Add Flexibility in your work ethics, even at home or at public places.
- Additionally, Always Accept Challenges for difficult and complicated tasks.
- Never leave Tasks Un-due or Incomplete, even if your manager or superior doesn’t ask for it.
- Above all, remain focused on goals, as there could be many distractions at work.
- Never let yourself be part of any Gossip, as you could utilize that time to enhance your skills.
Why dedication is important
Dedication plays a very important role for great achievements. For instance, climbing a mountain or hiking at a difficult trek is perfect example.
Above all, at the end of achievement, that feeling of being successful is unmatched and inexpressible.
- Dedication allow you to become dependable among many around you.
- You can be given all the important tasks which helps improve your importance at workplace.
- Your flexibility allows the organization to evolve with best in the business and become competitive.
- Promotions are given to those who achieve their goals in the most challenging times.
- It allows you to outshine in many team members in the team hired for the same job.
- Employers or Managers always require dedication in their team.
Example on Dedication
I was assigned most complicated project to lead and I had lack of certain skills. However, I learned those skills during my after hours and in the meantime, kept attempting to gain more knowledge. I compared project plans, documentation and designs for past similar projects. Subsequently, it came up with challenges and difficult times, but I didn’t let it go.
I struggled, picked myself up and kept moving on until I achieved my Goal. Above all, I was tested with patience and distractions, which I didn’t let them change my Goal.
I didn’t care about how much time it is taking me to learn and enhance my skillset by challenging myself.
Similarly, during implementation phase of the project, we didn’t care how long it will take us to finish it. In addition, the project was to execute in same day starting from mid-night. I stayed there for about straight 22 hours. However, we were able to finish our implementation flawlessly.
Dedication is like Climbing a mountain with all your Skill, Hard work and Persistence. When you reach to Peak after all the obstacles. That feeling of achievement tells you, how your dedication help reach your goal.
In conclusion, my advice is to remain dedicated to every fellow professional. Be it fresh graduates or Beginners in their career, you must consider dedication to your profession. In whatever you do, have passion and dedication in it. Bear in mind that without having dedication, you will not be able to succeed. All these leaders you follow out there, has gone through initial struggle, hard-work and dedication in their lives to reach to a certain point.
However, if my thoughts resonate with yours, then please don’t hesitate to share them or Share this Blog for others to gain.
Jawad Abid is multi-talented Business, Technology and Customer Service Professional, with two decades of Experience. He worked with Large Telecoms, Banks & Outsource Service Providers, Startups and Fortune 500 companies in multiple Roles. He’s passionate about Gaining Knowledge on Technologies, How Technologies enable Businesses & Improve Lives, and Sharing Knowledge in the attempt of giving back to Community.
Check out his Blogs at Blogs Section
#Dedication #Productivity #CareerAdvice #Successful #Motivation